Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Around Glacier National Park

I went on two hikes. This was what I saw at the end of one of them, Glacier Lake. It was up hill most of the way but was worth it.
Dad examining the rocks. What amazing scenry.

This hike was mostly on level ground and through the silent forest.


Sunday morning the whole family went on the Red Bus Tour. This is something my grandma di when she visited the park in the early 1900s. The busses were out of service in the mid-1900s but have been renovated and are used again today.


On the last evening, we played a version of the Amazing Race. I was on the winning team so was treated to a scoop of huckleberry ice cream.

Turtle race competition that some people remember my grandpa hosting when they would visit him. It seems he didn't do it for the younger grandchildren.


We saw some wildlife around the park. I saw black bears twice but was unable to take a picture. I also saw mountain goats but they were to far away to take a picture of.


Ground squirrel also known as a gopher.


Chipmunk

No comments: