Sunday, April 27, 2014

From Kenya to Niamey...a Three Day Trip

The plane from Abjua, Nigeria to Niamey was overbooked. I got to stay in Nigeria for two days but not without some adventure.
 Our hotel the first night.  It looks nice on the outside but isn't so great on the inside.
 
What can you do without money or passport? Why not play some Quibblers?
 
Lesson One--always pack some toothpaste, toothbrush, and deodorant in you carry on.
 
 

Lesson Two--Make sure your taxi driver knows where he is going.
After driving around Abuja, Nigeria for three hours late at night this is a lesson I won't forget soon.  We finally settled for the first hotel we (Fabulous Five pictured at the bottom) found  at 1 a.m.
 
 Hotel Number Two
A picture of Abuja from the balcony.
Better amenities but still not home.
 
Home Sweet Home
After my two day ordeal I finally had a ticket in my hand for Niamey. 
 
 The Fabulous Five
There were five of us stuck in the same predicament for those two days.  They were God's provision in a difficult situation.  Each one provided a skill or money that helped get us through many a challenge during our unexpected stay in Abuja.

2 comments:

Hannatu said...

You all sure had more adventure than you bargained for. I'm glad you weren't there all alone!

Teresa m said...

God our Lord & Savior PROVIDES !!!
Pure & Simple: HE PROVIDES!!!
Amen.