
On May third the 5/6 class went on a camping trip. The class was divided into three groups. Each group had to plan their meals and gather their gear for this event. The camp site was a fenced in are under some mango trees. I was very grateful for the shade the trees provided. It was a great time but we all came home exhausted.

The girls choose to camp within the fenced in area. The guys wanted to go further a field. Here they are heading off with their gear.

Rotimi and Fredrik head out to find a good camping site.

Christine and Alekhya are working hard to set up the girls' tent.

Tidwa helping to set up the guys tent.

I challenged the students to try making fire without matches. They were successful. They used a magnifying glass and cotton soaked in something the Tuareg people use to get fires started.

Fire at last. Now they have to cook their supper.
3 comments:
HI ANISA,
HOW ARE YOU DOING? HOPE ALL IS WELL WITH YOU. I THANK GOD FOR WHATEVER HE IS DOING IN YOUR LIFE. YOU HAVE A VERY NICE BLOG. DALE GAVE ME THE ADDRESS SO I DECIDED TO CHECK OUT WHAT IS HAPPENING. I WILL TRY MY BEST TO VISIT YOUR BLOG FREQUENTLY TO BE ABREAST WITH WHAT GOD IS DOING IN YOUR LIFE. I AM PRESENTLY IN JOHNSON CITY IN TENNESSEE. HOPE TO GET IN TOUCH QUIET OFTEN. BYE. WILLIAM.
HI ANISA,
A QUICK QUESTION. WAS IT A DAY'S CAMP? WHAT EXACTLY TOOK PLACE AT THE CAMP. THE ONLY THING I READ ON ACTIVITY WAS THE MEAL AND SETTING UP FIRE WITHOUT MATCHES. HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU
Way to go Anisa!!!It looks like a great time was had by all!!
Cindy
Post a Comment