Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Niger River Flood: Day 3

 The entrance to Sahel.  I had to walk through that muddy water because it was too deep for my car.
 Approaching the Sahel gate.
 Inside Sahel looking towards the gate.  The front part of Sahel is flooded as is the soccer field to the right of this picture.  None of the buildings has been affected yet.  Today the doors to the buildings were being sandbagged.
 The four wheeler was kept busy hauling sandbags.
 The neighbors to the west of the Sahel compound abandoned their homes last night.
The CBN compound to the north of Sahel being evcuated because the flood waters began climbing.  Today I spent time helping some of these people.  I did fill some sandbags at Sahel but the bags are too heavy for me to lift so helping at CBN was more suited for me.

2 comments:

saheldormparents said...

Thank you for posting pictures, Anisa, it is worse than we could have imagined.

Beth said...

Thanks for posting the pics and the explanation, Anisa. Thankful for the community that I see in those pictures - they have definitely been there for Sahel in difficult times! We are blessed!