Sunday, August 26, 2012

Recovery Effort--See Us Shine

 A mural of our school motto at the front entrance reminds us of why we are here.
 Helping some campus residence move out some of there stuff.  Thankfully there were on high enough ground that there is only a thin layer of water on the floor.
I got to look in at my classroom today.  A few posts back I have a picture from this same location.  It no longer looks clean and pristine.
 Sorry for such dark pictures but the electricity has been cut off and my camera does not have a great flash.

 Saturday morning our all hand on deck were moving library books and shelves to higher ground via canoe.  Moving stuff is harder than I expected.  First I have to move through deep water, then I have to find a place to put what I am moving, then I have to get a canoe to pick it up, finally a 4-wheel vehicle needs to be at the gate to take it out.  All this in dirty, smelly water!

No comments: